Business cards are still an effective way to promote your business. You can view them as mini-billboards that remind people of your company, products and services. The most effective business cards have unique qualities that make a person leave them out instead of throwing them in the desk drawer with the other generic-looking cards. Here are a few ways to make your business card stand out and be the eye-catching mini-billboard that they were intended to be.
Consider Non-Standard Shapes and Sizes
Don't limit your business card design to the typical 2-inch by 3-inch piece of card stock. Moderns cards can be square, round or nearly any other geometric shape. The cards can stand up on the table or have cut-outs that pop up when the card is folded. A printing service company can help you create a card that will be an icon for your business. For example:
- A dental office can have cards shaped like a toothbrush.
- A limousine company can have folded cards shaped like a car which stand up on the desk when opened.
- A long three-fold card can depict tall trees for a landscaping company.
The more unique the size and shape of your card, the more eye-catching your mini-billboard will be.
Be Creative With Materials
Printing companies are now using a variety of materials from which to produce business cards. You'll find business cards made of plastic, metal, bamboo and seagrass. Some business cards are made by recycling other items. A few cards are being done on the actual product made by the company. Some examples include:
- A computer repair shop uses cards printed on old circuit boards.
- An eye doctor uses a card printed on a flexible magnifying lens.
- A snack company has cards printed on actual pieces of beef jerky.
Use High-Tech Printing Methods to Complete Your Design
Quick response (QR) codes are being printed on cards to give the recipient access to more information about the products and services. Scanning the codes with a smartphone can take the person to a landing page on which special offers exist only for those who have your card. Other ways to use the QR code include:
- Play a video that describes success stories with your products and services.
- Display step-by-step instructions on using your products.
- Invite the viewer to attend an online webinar that discusses how your services can increase their business.
Another high-tech option is the use of conductive ink to print on the card. This ink carries digital information that can be read by a smartphone. The smartphone displays the digital content in the ink so that you could include an entire product brochure on one business card.
Business cards continue to be a cost effective way to promote your business. The more unique the design of your business card, the more likely it is that the recipient will recall your business the next time they need your products or services.Share